Check it out! New for your viewing:
- Read about the Center’s successful first HTLC Open House Ed-Venture.
- Join our mailing list to receive updates via our quarterly Newsletter.
- Find NEW News in our newsfeed in the menu bar above.
- New Podcast episode is published on our Holistic Teaching & Learning Podcast.
- Students, join us! The HTL-Club has begun meeting regularly for the school year.
The Center’s Mission and Hopeful Vision
- To exist as a source of inspiration and hope for teachers, scholars, and other educational leaders;
- To serve and give heart to all who seek a better way for the education of future generations;
- To support the pursuit of wisdom and compassion in teaching and learning; and,
- To deepen our understanding of the human possibilities and connectedness through education.
From the Director of the Center for Holistic Education
On behalf of our students, staff, and faculty in SOU’s education programs, I’d like to extend a warm welcome to our virtual home of the Center for Holistic Education. The Center was established in 2017 to promote educational exchange and innovations through cooperative study, research, dialogue, and shared practices. It grew out of our expanded activities with local, national, and international networks and the hosting of our first international Holistic Teaching and Learning Conference at SOU in September 2014. We invite you to explore the newest renovations to our website and, with thanks to our technology sub-committee and student-led leadership club, the addition of significant resources including: our first student-produced podcast, a link the brand new edition of the Holistic Education Review, information about last fall’s conference (October 2021), information about our new Certificate in Holistic Education, an interactive space to share emerging visions for holistic education, and more.
Please feel free to reach out with ideas, comments, and questions by clicking on the About Us link near the top of the homepage. We look forward to renewing and establishing many beautiful relationships with our wide circle of friends in holistic education.
Gratefully, William Greene