Holistic Teaching and Learning Center presents: Wholeness and Hope in Education, 2021
Transformed to a *Virtual* Event; Oct 8 – 10
- Registration is LIVE! Please Register Here to join us in finding Wholeness and Hope in Education, Friday eve (10/8), all day Saturday (10/9), and Sunday morning (10/10).
- Academic credit through SOU and documentation of professional development/continuing education hours are available for conference participation upon request. More Here.
- Please review our updated *Virtual* Program, our Program-at-a Glance, and Presentation Sessions.
- Take a peek at our Presenters and their outstanding offerings.
- Please always find NEW News! on our Newsfeed pulldown.
- Renewed and Joyful Welcome to our far-flung and international community! May Virtual HTLC ’21 allow us to reinvigorate our community connections, yet evade Covid complications.
Here’ s an update on how COVID-19 is influencing our fall conference planning as of August 12, 2021:
We want you, members of our holistic community, to know that we have been diligently monitoring the ever-changing effects of COVID-19 on public health, gatherings, and travel. Our dearest hope has been that somehow circumstances in the world and in our local area would be normalized enough to allow us to convene our cherished holistic community in person–safely and lovingly. Recently, the news has led us to decide on a virtual conference. We are deeply grateful for your understanding, kindness, and words of support throughout this challenging year.
The Center’s Mission and Hopeful Vision
- To exist as a source of inspiration and hope for teachers, scholars, and other educational leaders;
- To serve and give heart to all who seek a better way for the education of future generations;
- To support the pursuit of wisdom and compassion in teaching and learning; and,
- To deepen our understanding of the human possibilities and connectedness through education.
From the Director of the Center for Holistic Education
On behalf of our students, staff, and faculty in SOU’s education programs, I’d like to extend a warm welcome to our virtual home of the Center for Holistic Education. The Center was established in 2017 to promote educational exchange and innovations through cooperative study, research, dialogue, and shared practices. It grew out of our expanded activities with local, national, and international networks and the hosting of our first international Holistic Teaching and Learning Conference at SOU in September 2014. We invite you to explore the newest renovations to our website and, with thanks to our technology sub-committee and student-led leadership club, the addition of significant resources including: our first student-produced podcast, a link the brand new edition of the Holistic Education Review, information about this fall’s conference (October 2021) with the call for proposals, information about our Certificate in Holistic Education, an interactive space to share emerging visions for holistic education, and more.
Please feel free to reach out with ideas, comments, and questions by clicking on the About Us link near the top of the homepage. We look forward to renewing and establishing many beautiful relationships with our wide circle of friends in holistic education.
Gratefully, William Greene
Last site update: September 24, 2021