Check it out! New for your viewing:
- Please read the Upcoming Events page to stay current on HTLC happenings, including the June 18th Part 3 of the 3-part SEL Workshop and its weekly Wednesday evening drop-in integrations at 7:00. Registration is still open.
- Find NEW News on our newsfeed in our menu bar above.
- We have a YouTube Channel and a new Podcast!
- Students, please join us! We’re hosting HTL-Club events throughout the school year, connect with us to get involved.
- Check out our new Stress Relief 101!
- Many virtual HTLC ’21 presentations are now available on in our Past Events tab.
The Center’s Mission and Hopeful Vision
- To exist as a source of inspiration and hope for teachers, scholars, and other educational leaders;
- To serve and give heart to all who seek a better way for the education of future generations;
- To support the pursuit of wisdom and compassion in teaching and learning; and,
- To deepen our understanding of the human possibilities and connectedness through education.
From the Director of the Center for Holistic Education
On behalf of our students, staff, and faculty in SOU’s education programs, I’d like to extend a warm welcome to our virtual home of the Center for Holistic Education. The Center was established in 2017 to promote educational exchange and innovations through cooperative study, research, dialogue, and shared practices. It grew out of our expanded activities with local, national, and international networks and the hosting of our first international Holistic Teaching and Learning Conference at SOU in September 2014. We invite you to explore the newest renovations to our website and, with thanks to our technology sub-committee and student-led leadership club, the addition of significant resources including: our first student-produced podcast, a link the brand new edition of the Holistic Education Review, information about last fall’s conference (October 2021), information about our new Certificate in Holistic Education, an interactive space to share emerging visions for holistic education, and more.
Please feel free to reach out with ideas, comments, and questions by clicking on the About Us link near the top of the homepage. We look forward to renewing and establishing many beautiful relationships with our wide circle of friends in holistic education.
Gratefully, William Greene